Here at Kingswood Vets, we understand that a trip to the vets can be really stressful for you and your cat. That is why we make a special effort to reduce your cat's stress by providing:
- A separate cat-only waiting area
- Cat-only clinic times where only cats are seen (no dogs allowed at these times!)
- A cat friendly team of receptionists, nurses and vets, led by Audra Turner (RCVS Advanced Practitioner in Feline Medicine) who are trained to provide care and treatment tailored to cats' unique needs
- A separate cat ward for hospitalisation
- Cat Advocates Audra, Kim and Tanya who are there to ensure all cat handling and nursing care is feline friendly to limit stress and distress
We hope soon to achieve a Cat Friendly Clinic accreditation, so you can be assured that your cat will get the very best of care and attention, in a low stress environment. If your cat is especially nervous, do contact us to discuss how we can keep the stress of visiting the clinic to a minimum, and help you make it as positive an experience as possible.
Find out more:
- What is a Cat Friendly Clinic?
- Bringing your cat to the clinic
- Taking your cat home from the clinic
- Giving skin, eye or ear drops/ointment
- Changing your cat's food
- Giving tablets to your cat
Downlad this leaflet to find out more.